1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 3, 2022 1:52 PM by Jason Atkinson

Seeking status of records requested

Adriana Rhames Newbie

Greetings - I've requested my father's WWII records twice and have received no acknowledgement or records.  My initial request was on July 6, 2020 and after no response to follow-up, I received an email asking me to submit the SF180.  After submitting that, still no acknowledgement of any type so I requested the records again on October 24, 2021.  I have yet to receive any form of acknowledgement.   Can you please advise on next steps? I do not understand why there is no acknowledgement of receipt so I'd know my requests went through/were received.  Thank you.

• Re: Seeking status of records requested
          Jason Atkinson Guide

Dear Ms. Rhames,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

The National Personnel Records Center does not send requestors a notice of receipt due to the volume of requests. Please review Check the Status of a Request for Military Service Records to see the options for checking the status of your request. You also may telephone the NPRC Customer Service Line (this is a long-distance call for most customers) at 314-801-0800.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

We hope this is helpful.