1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 31, 2022 12:28 PM by Rachael Salyer

    Seeking TDYs issued by the 1st Communications Group


      How can I find travel orders issued by the 1st Communications Group, USAF, 1962-1964 ? My medals and awards are not complete because several TDY's are missing from my DD 214 and AF Form 7.

        • Re: Seeking TDYs issued by the 1st Communications Group
          Rachael Salyer Ranger

          Dear Mr. Plunkett,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Unit records in our custody do not include the record of temporary duty (TDY) assignments for individuals. Under normal Department of the Air Force and Department of Defense records management procedures, such documentation would be destroyed after initial administrative use. A copy of these records should have been placed in the individual’s Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). Based on the information you provided in your inquiry, you may already have a copy of your OMPF. But if you do not, we suggest that you request it. OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Air Force after 1959 and before May 1, 1994 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


          You may be able to find some relevant information in morning reports for the unit you served in. Morning reports for Air Force units (from September 1947 to June 30, 1966) are in the custody of the National Archives at St. Louis (RL-SL). For more information about these records, please contact RL-SL via email at stl.archives@nara.gov.


          Due to the continued impact of COVID-19, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgment as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RL-SL. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience as we balance mission-critical work and the safety of our staff during the pandemic. Please check NARA’s web page about COVID-19 updates for the latest information.  Also, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          Please note that the National Archives and Records Administration does not have the authority to make changes to personnel records. Changes can only be made by the Department of Defense. To correct a military personnel record, please use a DD Form 149 (Application for Correction of Military Record). If you have additional questions about the form or the process, please write directly to the Board for Correction of Air Force Records, SAF/MIBR, 550 C Street West, Suite 40, Randolph Air Force Base, TX 78150-4742, which has jurisdiction in such matters.


          We hope this is helpful.