1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 27, 2022 11:12 AM by Rachael Salyer Branched from an earlier discussion.

    Seeking photographs of my husband in Air Force

    Alisa Parker Newbie

      I am seeking picture of husband in the air force during 1980 when he went in and had and came out in 1983 honorable discharge.

        • Re: Seeking photographs of my husband in Air Force
          Rachael Salyer Ranger

          Dear Ms. Parker,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Please note that the "official" photograph of an individual is not considered to be a permanent federal record by the respective military services and is not retained in a separate collection by the service. If the photograph you are seeking still exists, it will most likely be found in the individual's Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). However, there is no guarantee the photograph will be present.


          If you have not done so already, we suggest that you request a copy of your husband’s Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Air Force after 1959 and before May 1, 1994 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


          In addition, photographs of U.S. Army Air Corps and U.S. Air Force subjects (World War II to 2007) are in the custody of the National Archives at College Park - Still Picture (RDSS). Please contact RDSS via email at stillpix@nara.gov, and include as much information in your inquiry as possible, such as full name, dates of interest, location(s) of interest, and unit number(s).


          Due to the continued impact of COVID-19, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgment as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDSS.  We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience as we balance mission-critical work and the safety of our staff during the pandemic. Please check NARA’s web page about COVID-19 updates for the latest information.  Also, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          Finally, we suggest that you call (334) 953-5697 or write to the Air Force Historical Research Agency, 600 Chennault Circle, Building 1405, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL  36112-6424 for additional assistance.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!