1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 25, 2022 12:22 PM by Jason Atkinson

Seeking records about Giorgina Reid (Anzulato)

Luca Cordelli Newbie

I am looking for some information about this lady. Can anybody help me out in retrieving information? She was awarded a prize from the White House during the Ronald Reagan administration but I cannot find documentation. Anybody?

• Re: Seeking records about Giorgina Reid (Anzulato)
          Jason Atkinson Guide

Dear Mr. Cordelli,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located Subject Files on Medals and Awards, 1/20/1981 - 1/20/1989 in the White House Office of Records Management File Systems (White House Central Files), 1/20/1981 - 1/20/1989 (Collection RR-WHORM) that includes records relating to medals, awards, and trophies. The files also include those awarded in the name of the President, which are intended to preserve the remembrance of a notable event or person, or to serve as a regard, tribute, honor, acclaim or special recognition. For more information about these non-digitized records, please contact the Ronald Reagan Library (LP-RR) via email at reagan.library@nara.gov. When you contact them, please provide as much information as possible about the nature of the award.

Due to the continued impact of COVID-19, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgment as well as a substantive response to your reference request from LP-RR.  We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience as we balance mission-critical work and the safety of our staff during the pandemic. Please check NARA’s web page about COVID-19 updates for the latest information.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!