1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 24, 2022 10:02 AM by Jason Atkinson

Seeking video of President Eisenhower's second inauguration speech

Sara Montoya Sepulveda Newbie

Hi all, I am looking for a video of President Eisenhower's second inauguration speech in 1957. This is for a short historical documentary I am making, so I would need to get in touch with the copyright owners of the video. I have found one on the CBS News website, but I am looking for other sources.

Thanks

• Re: Seeking video of President Eisenhower's second inauguration speech
          Jason Atkinson Guide

Dear Ms. Sepulveda,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

The Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library, Museum, and Boyhood Home has an online subject guide for their materials regarding the inauguration as well as some digitized items on their website. Please note that they have two audiovisual sources regarding the inauguration.  One is 4 hours and 50 minutes worth of CBS coverage of the inauguration, and still is copyrighted by CBS.  The other is a public domain video from the United States Information Agency that contains only excerpts from the address rather than the full address. To inquire about these records, please contact the Eisenhower Library via the contact form on their website.

Due to the continued impact of COVID-19, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgment as well as a substantive response to your reference request from the EIsenhower Library.  We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience as we balance mission-critical work and the safety of our staff during the pandemic. Please check NARA’s web page about COVID-19 updates for the latest information

Also, the official YouTube channel of the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies has the video Jan. 21, 1957: Inaugural Ceremonies for Dwight D. Eisenhower on their website, which includes part of the address.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!