1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 11, 2022 2:03 PM by Lisha Penn

    Seeking contact information for Willie Kamaka

    Norbert Tutlis Newbie

      How do I find the contact information of a fellow Airman who served with me at DaNang Airfield from 1965 to 1966? Willie Kamaka, if you are still out there, contact me.

        • Re: Seeking contact information for Willie Kamaka
          Lisha Penn Ranger

          Dear Mr. Tutlis,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The National Archives does not have the current mailing addresses of former service personnel or their survivors on file.  The Federal agency most likely to have such addresses is the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The VA can forward a message from you to the veteran, providing the veteran has filed a claim with VA, and they have an address on record. To forward a message, please write your message and place it in an unsealed, stamped envelope. Also include a note to the VA explaining who it is you are trying to reach and add as much identifying information as you have. Place all of this in another envelope addressed to the nearest Veterans Affairs Regional Office (you can find the address at https://www.va.gov/directory/guide/home.asp). If the veteran is in their records, your message to the veteran will be sealed and the envelope addressed to the address they have on file for the veteran. Please note that the veteran may not have informed the VA of a change of address, so they cannot guarantee receipt of your message. If the veteran receives your note, it is then up to the veteran to contact you.


          We hope this is helpful.