1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 13, 2022 1:06 PM by Jason Atkinson

    Looking for records of SFC John Duggar

    Lita Tomas Newbie

      Looking for information on an Army veteran working as a drill sergeant at Fort Jackson SC in 1977 named John Duggar

        • Re: Looking for records of SFC John Duggar
          Jason Atkinson Guide

          Dear Ms. Tomas,

          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) for those who served in the U.S. Army after 1958 and before October 2002 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          The National Archives does not have the present addresses of former service personnel or their survivors on file.  Please review NARA’s Locating Veterans and Service Members web pages for some ideas on how to locate the persons you seek.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!