1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 11, 2022 2:58 PM by Rachael Salyer

    Seeking medical disabilities diagnoses not listed in my medical records.

    ghost_i_am Newbie

      I was enlisted in the USMC 23-Jun-69 and was released from active duty on 22-Jun-71. During my exit medical examination by naval personnel I was found to have medical disabilities that would require me not to get released on scheduled date. If I wanted to leave service on the scheduled date, I was asked to sign a waiver of whatever disabilities they identified. I did sign a blank waiver form but never saw what those disabilities were requiring me to stay in service. The physical examination took place in the middle of June 1971. I do have a copy of my military records and nothing was found pertaining to that situation requesting I remain in service. If at all possible I would like to get a copy of that naval statement request I remain in service and most important is the medical reasons why. My service number was 2559638. I suspect you may need more personal information but would not place it here at this time and would prefer via email from you of information needed. Full name: Albert R. Morrow

        • Re: Seeking medical disabilities diagnoses not listed in my medical records.
          Rachael Salyer Ranger

          Dear Mr. Morrow,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          For requesting outpatient (health) records and dental records created for a person while in the military service and/or VA hospital records, please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to the National Personnel Records Center (NRPC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.to NPRC. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request these records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. Please phone the VA at 1-800-827-1000 for help in obtaining these records. You will need to provide your VA Claim Number.


          For requesting clinical (inpatient) records or outpatient records for a military service member or a military retiree for hospitalization in a military medical treatment facility who left the Marine Corps before May 1994 are also in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis. Please complete a NA Form 13042 and mail it to the National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          We hope this is helpful.