2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2022 12:05 PM by Lisha Penn

    Seeking medical record of Wilford Charles Lee

    Darlene Goldacker Newbie

      My dad was in a motorcycle vs. vehicle accident sometime between 1949 and 1951. My mom was inquiring some info on it. He spent quite a bit of time in Oak Knoll Naval Hospital. His name was Wilford Charles Lee and was born on 9-30-1929. Any information would be appreciated.   Thank you.

        • Re: Seeking medical record of Wilford Charles Lee
          Elliot Schneider Ranger



          Here is some information, well according to this he was in the Navy so this makes sense that he was at a Naval Hospital. Here is his marriage information.


          Name:Wilfred C Lee
          Birth Date:30 Sep 1929
          Death Date:9 Nov 1992
          Cause of Death:Natural
          Enlistment Branch:NAVY
          Enlistment Date:3 Aug 1948
          Discharge Date:31 Oct 1952




          Name:Wilford C Lee
          Estimated Birth Year:abt 1930
          Marriage Date:12 Jul 1952
          Marriage Place:Stanislaus, California, USA
          Spouse:Helen E Coleman
          Spouse Age:18



          U.S., School Yearbooks, 1900-1999

          • Re: Seeking medical record of Wilford Charles Lee
            Lisha Penn Ranger

            Dear Ms. Goldacker,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and medical records of enlisted men and officers of the U.S. Navy who were separated from the service after 1958 and before January 31, 1994 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. If there is any information requested by the form that you do not know, you may omit it or provide estimates (such as for dates), but the more information you provide, the easier it will be to locate the correct file. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


            Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


            We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!