1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 5, 2022 2:15 PM by Marcus Bacher

    How do I find my Military, Medical records?

    Walter Schmidt Newbie

      I was in the First Calvary Div,  Viet Nam  2/7 Bravo Co, from 03/1970 to 03/1971, we went into Cambodia on 5/1/70 I was wounded in late May by shrapnel, I was medevac to the 93rd Evac in Long Binh , I never received a Purple Heart and need my medical records to verify this.

        • Re: How do I find my Military, Medical records?
          Marcus Bacher Scout

          Dear Mr. Schmidt,

          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Individual medical reports of veterans who left the Army before October 16, 1992 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis.  Please complete a NA Form 13042 and mail it to the National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          We hope this is helpful.

          1 person found this helpful