2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2022 6:49 PM by Theresa Vennie

    Seeking military record of Cullen Bryan Bernard

    Cullen Bernard Newbie

      I’m seeking help in finding the Marine Corps military record for PFC Cullen Bernard. Any help would be greatly appreciated

        • Re: Seeking military record of Cullen Bryan Bernard
          Rachael Salyer Ranger

          Dear Cullen Bernard,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          If you have not done so already, we suggest that you request a copy of PFC Cullen Bernard’s Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs of officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. Marine Corps who were separated from service before 1999 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NRPC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


          If there is any information requested by the form that you do not know, you may omit it or provide estimates (such as for dates), but the more information you provide, the easier it will be to locate the correct file if it survived the fire. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) for discharged, retired, or deceased U.S. Marine Corps personnel after December 31, 1998 are in the custody of the U.S. Marine Corps. To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps, Manpower Management Support Branch (MMRP-10), 2008 Elliot Road, Quantico, VA 22134-5030. They also are available in electronic format via https://milconnect.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect/.


          We hope this is helpful.


          • Re: Seeking military record of Cullen Bryan Bernard
            Theresa Vennie Scout

            Hello Cullen:

            Do you know if Cullen was Wounded in Action while in the military? If so, can you confirm the date of 14 Mar 1945?