1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 22, 2021 11:44 AM by Alex Champion

DD214 does not show the proper rank at time of discharge

MICHAEL MILLER Newbie

I Recently received a copy of my DD214 after a two year wait. The one that I received does not reflect the rank at discharge.

• Re: DD214 does not show the proper rank at time of discharge
          Alex Champion Scout

Hello Mr. Miller,

Thank you for submitting your request to History Hub!

The National Archives and Records Administration does not have the authority to make changes to personnel records. Changes can only be made by the Department of Defense. To correct a military personnel record, please use a DD Form 149 (Application for Correction of Military Record).

If you have additional questions about the form or the process, how you proceed depends on your branch of service.

For the Army, please write directly to the Army Review Boards Agency (ARBA), 251 18th Street South, Suite 385, Arlington, VA 22202-3531, which has jurisdiction in such matters. For assistance, please email army.arbainquiry@mail.mil.

For the Navy and Marines please write directly to the Correction of Naval Records 701 S. Courthouse Road, Building 12, Suite BE140, Arlington, VA 22204-2490.

For the Coast Guard please write directly to the Coast Guard Board for Correction of Military Records, 245 Murray Lane, Room 5126, Mail Stop #0900, Washington, DC 20528.

For the Air Force please write directly to the Board for Correction of Air Force Records, SAF/MIBR, 550 C Street West, Suite 40, Randolph Air Force Base, TX 78150-4742, which has jurisdiction in such matters. 

We hope this is helpful.