1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 16, 2021 3:41 PM by Jason Atkinson

Seeking military court record of airmen who killed a woman

Mark Evans Newbie

I am looking for a military court record of a woman killed on Tarague Beach on Anderson, Air Force Base, Guam between 1983-1987. I know they caught the airmen responsible and was told he got 30 years in prison. but I cant find any record of this case. I was one of the responder (Medic) who was stationed on the base.

• Re: Seeking military court record of airmen who killed a woman
          Jason Atkinson Guide

Dear Mr. Evans,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

The Air Force has custody of closed courts-martial trials after 1976, but a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request is necessary to retrieve them. This can be a lengthy and expensive process, plus part of the record may be redacted before it is given to you. Reference both FOIA and the Privacy Act in your request, to ensure that you get the most complete copy possible. You also may request a waiver of the fees. Please contact the Air Force Legal Operations Agency (AFLOSA/JAJM), 1500 West Perimeter Road, Suite 1130, Joint Base Andrews, MD 20762 or submit your request online. Please check https://www.compliance.af.mil/Library/Handbook/ for more information prior to submitting FOIA requests.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!