2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2021 9:56 AM by Josette Schluter

Seeking ancestors of William Whaley

Julia Hengstler Newbie

Hello. I have done some research on my paternal side that tracks back to William M. Whaley born in South Carolina on August 15, 1785. That's been the end of the line that I've been able to follow. I know that William moved to Sevier County, Tennessee with his two brothers, John and Middleton, and his sister, Delania. I know that he married Mary Ann Ogle on December 26, 1811 in Sevier County, TN. He enlisted November 13, 1814 as a fifer in Captain Cohn Porter's Company, Colonel Edwin E. Booth's Regiment, East Tennessee Drafted Militia. His discharge date was May 20, 1815 (Mobile, Alabama). Most of the above information was via Reagan's Smoky mountain Clans: Volume 3 (1983).  I am trying to track back my paternal line farther than William M. Whaley described here. I would like to track it back to earlier 1700s and possibly immigration to the American continent. I would also like to know where in South Carolina he lived (born/raised, etc.).  I thank you in advance for any time or information your might have.