1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 16, 2021 9:27 AM by Lisha Penn

    Looking for Awards and Decorations for Rex G Lawrence

    Rex Lawrence Newbie

      I have tried to find my Awards and Decorations for my USAF service. Can someone assist?

        • Re: Looking for Awards and Decorations for Rex G Lawrence
          Lisha Penn Ranger

          Dear Mr. Lawrence,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We searched the National Archives Catalog and located the Award Cards, 1942 - 1963 for the U.S. Air Force but were unable to locate a card for Lawrence, Rex or Lawrence, Rex G.


          For former Air Force personnel, NARA's National Personnel Records Center will verify the awards to which a veteran is entitled and forward the request with the verification to the appropriate Air Force department for issuance of the medals.  For requesting verification of medals and awards, please use eVetRecs on NARA’s website at Request Military Service Records or complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and send it to NARA's Military Personnel Records, National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  Provide as much information as possible in Section II under "other."


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          We hope this is helpful.