1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 16, 2021 7:48 AM by Jason Atkinson

Seeking school records of Rosa and Marcos Gutierrez

Rosie Sandoval Wayfarer

Hi, I'm looking for school records for my great grandmother, Rosa, and my great uncle, Marcos. They came to the United States From Zacatecas, Mexico with their mom, Nicolasa Sandoval de Gutierrez. They crossed the border in Texas from Mexico on September 16, 1918 and on some of the records I've found, it shows that they were on their way to Los Angeles to meet up with their Father, Lucas Gutierrez, who at the time he worked for the Railroad in Los Angeles. Please Help

• Re: Seeking school records of Rosa and Marcos Gutierrez
          Jason Atkinson Guide

Dear Ms. Sandoval,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

School records are maintained by individual school districts or schools. There is no national index to school records. If you believe that they may have attended school in Los Angeles, we suggest that you contact the Los Angeles Unified School District.  Another possibility to consider is that they may have attended one of the many private secular or religious schools in the Los Angeles area. In many circumstances, children during that time period did not attend school or left school at a younger age than is now the norm. 

We hope this is helpful.