2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2016 11:07 AM by Vernon O'Neil

    DD-214 Record




      My name is John Bailey and I am the Post Services at VFW Post 4534 located in Rockledge, Florida. One of our members is a world war 2 vet in need of his DD-214 record. Who do I contact for this info? Any help will be appreciated.


      Thank You,



        • Re: DD-214 Record
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Thank you for using History Hub. Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces prior to 1955 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. A DD214 is a document that may be filed in his OMPF. The veteran or one of his family members may request a copy of his OMPF by using the online GSA SF 180 at http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/. Many Army and Army Air Corps personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, but proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued.

          3 people found this helpful
          • Re: DD-214 Record

            Morning John! You can also do it online, if his kids or himself have a computer. eVetRecs is on the archives website or type that into the google. real easy. you fill it out then at the end there is a page to sign and fax that in. Had a friend use it alot quicker and you get a serial number you can call if there is an issue.

            1 person found this helpful