1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 15, 2021 11:29 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking my father's enlistment in the Marines

    Robert Byfield Newbie

      My father's enlistment in the Marines and he was a Lance Corporal in Korea

        • Re: Seeking my father's enlistment in the Marines
          Jason Atkinson Guide

          Dear Mr. Byfield,

          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Information about his enlistment and service should be recorded in his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). We suggest that you request a copy of his OMPF. OMPFs and medical records of officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. Marine Corps who were separated from service after 1904 and before 1959 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          We hope this is helpful.