1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 30, 2021 11:47 AM by Rebecca Collier

    Seeking after action reports from Afghanistan war

    Shonda Oakley Newbie

      Where can I read US Army after action reports from the Afghanistan war?

        • Re: Seeking after action reports from Afghanistan war
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Dear Ms. Oakley,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We searched the National Archives Catalog and located the Combined Military Service Digital Photographic Files, 1982 - 2007 (330-CFD)  in the Records of the Office of the Secretary of Defense (Record Group 330) and Army Art Photolithographs, 1964 - 2005 in the Records of the Army Staff (Record Group 319) that include images of activities during “Enduring Freedom” in Afghanistan. Some of these records are digitized and are available via the Catalog. For more information about the non-digitized records, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Still Pictures (RDSS) at stillpix@nara.gov.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDSS. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          Records of units which served in Haiti, Kosovo, Kuwait, Somalia, Iraq, and Afghanistan are still in the legal custody of the Army.  For the exact location of these files, please contact Joyce Luton, Director, Records Management Directorate, 9301 Chapek Road, Building 1458, Fort Belvoir, VA  22060.  The telephone number is (571) 515-0213.  The email address is joyce.luton2.civ@mail.mil.   If the records are in the process of being transferred to NARA custody, please request the accession or transfer numbers and the box numbers.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!


          1 person found this helpful