4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2021 10:22 AM by Donald Mounts

Are there any manifests of Tiger Airlines Flight to Vietnam?

Valentin Martinez Wayfarer

Are there any manifests of Tiger Airlines flights to Vietnam from December 1974? I need to see if there is a record of me on a manifest from sometime in December when I arrived and when I left because I lost my orders to Vietnam and my Military Personnel Record does not have the time period from the time I entered the Army until I went to Turkey in January 17, 1975. So I need some kind of proof. I am also looking for manifests to flights into Ton Son Nhut Air Force Base during the month of December 1975.

• Re: Are there any manifests of Tiger Airlines Flight to Vietnam?
          Zachary Dabbs Scout

Dear Mr. Martinez,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

If you have not already done so we suggest that you request a copy of your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Army after 1958 and before October 16, 1992 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis. In addition NPRC holds records of the Army Standard Installation Division Personnel System (SIDPERS) introduced in October 1974. These records include the Personnel Data Cards (PDC) that replaced Morning Reports and the Zero Strength Balance Reports (ZSBR) that replaced rosters. A SIDPERS record contains information on the service member during the entire period of time they were assigned to an organization, regardless of length of time. It also includes information about TDY, AWOL, DEF, gains, losses, promotions, and reductions. SIDPERS was discontinued on November 21, 1990. For a copy of your OMPF or a SIDPERS record, please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), Military Personnel Records, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. For OMPFs veterans also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information please see the web page Request Military Service Records.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Regarding Tiger Airlines’ passenger manifest records, military records in the custody of the National Archives do not include flight manifests, cargo manifests, or passenger lists.  These are not considered permanent records.  Under normal Department of the Army records management procedures, such documentation would be destroyed after initial administrative use. Also, records of private contractors remain in the custody of the contractor and its successors. Tiger Airlines was acquired by Federal Express, now known as FedEx, in 1989.  Please contact that corporation for access to these records.

We hope this is helpful.

1 person found this helpful
              Valentin Martinez Wayfarer

I have requested my records twice and both times they are missing the information I am seeking. I went to eVetRecs to get my SIDPERS information, but I didn’t find the site. Is there another location I can go to or should I just call?

If I am missing information from before 1974 in my personnel file, is it lost, or can I call or go to a website to get the information? I have been working with DAV and the Texas Veterans Commission, but I can’t get the information I need. Is there a way for me to get my records from February 24, 1969 to January 16, 1975?

Zachary Dabbs Scout

Dear Mr. Martinez,

Thank you for posting your follow-up request on History Hub!

As an alternative to eVetRecs for retrieving a copy of your SIDPERS information, please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to Military Personnel Records, National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Please use the “Other (Please Specify)” field in Section II to indicate you are seeking SIDPERS records. Please include the complete organization names and locations of the assignments for which you are seeking information as well as the dates you departed those units.

For general questions the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) may be reached by telephone at 314-801-0800. However, the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. 552a) requires that all requests for military personnel records and information be submitted in writing. Each request must be signed and dated by the veteran or next of kin.

If your Official Military Personnel File is missing information from before 1974, it may be possible to retrieve that information from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders. Morning reports for Army units dated 1960 - September 1974 are in the custody of the NPRC. In addition, the semi-annual rosters (i.e., April and October) for 1960-74 for Army units are attached to the morning reports of their respective units. Unfortunately, all rosters for the period are not available and usually list only enlisted personnel. Paper copies of the rosters may be obtained from microfilm by writing to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  Research and reproduction fees are charged for this service. To request such copies, please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to Military Personnel Records, National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Please note that the National Archives and Records Administration does not have the authority to make changes to personnel records.  Changes can only be made by the Department of Defense.  To correct a military personnel record, please use a DD Form 149 (Application for Correction of Military Record). If you have additional questions about the form or the process, please write directly to the Army Review Boards Agency (ARBA), 251 18th Street South, Suite 385, Arlington, VA 22202-3531, which has jurisdiction in such matters. For assistance, please email army.arbainquiry@mail.mil.

We hope this is helpful.

1 person found this helpful
                Donald Mounts Newbie

I have requested flight manifests for Tiger Airlines for the Vietnam War era from FedEx who acquired Tiger in 1988 by FOIA and Subpoena.  FedEx destroyed all flight manifests and crew listed as well most other documents after the acquisition.