1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 18, 2021 10:55 AM by Zachary Dabbs

    Looking for withdrawal records of civilian worker

    Diuval Guzman Newbie

      I am looking for the records of the withdrawal of a former civilian worker from the Guantanamo Naval Base on March 28, 1974.

        • Re: Looking for withdrawal records of civilian worker
          Zachary Dabbs Scout

          Dear Diuval Guzman,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          If the civilian worker was directly employed by the Navy and not by a contractor, we suggest that you request a copy of his/her Official Personnel File (OPF). OPFs and medical information for individuals who worked for the U.S. government in a civilian capacity since 1952 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center Annex. Written requests may be mailed or faxed to National Personnel Records Center Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295. The fax number is 618-935-3014. Please include the full name used during Federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number (if applicable), name and location of the employing Federal agency, and beginning and ending dates of Federal service. Certain information in the OPF may not be available to the general public without the written consent of the individual. For more information, please check the Official Personnel Folders (OPF),Federal (non-archival) Holdings and Access website.


          Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, the Civilian Personnel Records Center (CPR) in Valmeyer, IL will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          If the civilian worker was employed by a contractor, information about that individual would be in the files of that business or organization.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!


          1 person found this helpful