2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2021 10:26 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking enlistments records for Louisiana regiments

    Greg Livaudais Newbie

      Does this site have enlistments records for Louisiana regiments during the War of 1812?  I've searched, can not find. I need them for the 16th Regiment Louisiana Militia and the 17th,18th, & 19th Consolidated Regiments Louisiana Militia. Last name Bordelon.

        • Re: Seeking enlistments records for Louisiana regiments
          Elliot Schneider Ranger



          Here is some information on Auguste Bordelon



          Lewis Bordelon or Louis: He has a case file with 70 pages that have been digitized please follow link, then using scroll bar go to smaller scroll bar were document are scroll down until you see "load more" click on load more and they will load the remaining documents. https://catalog.archives.gov/id/127519961






          Joseph bordolen:




          Celestin Bordelon:





          Zenon Bordelon:


          1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Seeking enlistments records for Louisiana regiments
            Jason Atkinson Guide

            Dear Mr. Livaudais,

            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub


            We searched the National Archives Catalog and located the series Indexes to the Carded Records of Soldiers Who Served in Volunteer Organizations During the War of 1812 in the Records of the Adjutant General's Office, 1762 - 1917 (Record Group 94) that includes at least 7 index cards for persons named Bordelon serving in Louisiana militia units.These records have been digitized and are available using the Catalog.


            The index cards indicate that there should be Compiled Military Service Records (CMSRs) in the record series Carded Records Showing Military Service of Soldiers Who Fought in Volunteer Organizations During the War of 1812 in Record Group 94 that may include the soldiers enlistment information. Unfortunately, the records for Louisina Volunteers (to include militia units) have not been microfilmed or digitized. For more information about the non-digitized records, please email the National Archives at Washington, DC - Textual Reference (RDT1) at archives1reference@nara.gov.


            To request a copy of non-digitized service records, please download the NATF Form 86, fill it out to the best of your knowledge, and mail the completed forms to the address listed on the form. Please include a copy of the file unit from the Index. For more information see Requesting Copies of Older (pre-WWI) Military Service Records.


            Please note that the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) has suspended reproduction and digitization services until further notice due to COVID-19. As part of this suspension, the option to request pension files through eservices.archives.gov has been turned off. You may still submit orders via mail at this time. Orders will not be serviced until operations can resume safely. Once operations resume, document reproduction requests will be filled in the order in which they were received. We apologize for any inconvenience.


            Next, we located the series Muster Rolls of Volunteer Organizations During the War of 1812 in the Records of the Adjutant General's Office, 1762 - 1917 (Record Group 94) that include the "Receipts for Pay" rolls which were not on the military service cards. It is sometimes necessary to consult this series to obtain the complete service of an individual. For more information about these non-digitized records, please email RDT1 at archives1reference@nara.gov.


            Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDT1.


            For volunteer and militia units raised by the State of Louisiana, there may be additional information in the custody of the Louisiana State Archives. Plus, the staff of the Louisiana Historical Society and the Louisiana History Museum may be able to assist you with your research.


            We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!