1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 17, 2021 7:34 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking replacement of husband's service medals

    Beverley Oxley Newbie

      My husband has lost his service medals and cannot remember which he was awarded. How can I find out please?

        • Re: Seeking replacement of husband's service medals
          Jason Atkinson Guide

          Dear Ms. Oxley,

          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          For former military personnel, NARA's National Personnel Records Center will verify the awards to which a veteran is entitled and forward the request with the verification to the appropriate military department for issuance of the medals.  For requesting medals and awards, please use eVetRecs on NARA’s website or complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and send it to NARA's Military Personnel Records, National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  Provide as much information as possible in Section II under "other." Please see Military Awards and Decorations for further information.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          We hope this is helpful.