1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 16, 2021 8:53 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking military accident report for Richard Buzzell

    Margaret Buzzell Newbie

      How would I get the military accident report for the accident in Germany that killed Richard Buzzell in 1961?  Does anyone remember this accident that might be reading this request?

        • Re: Seeking military accident report for Richard Buzzell
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Ms. Buzzell,

          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The information you seek may be contained in his Individual Deceased Personnel File (IDPF). IDPFs from 1940-1976 for U.S. Army personnel with surnames that begin with A-L are in the custody of the National Archives at St. Louis (RL-SL). For more information about these records, please contact RL-SL via email at stl.archives@nara.gov.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RL-SL. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          The U.S. Army Combat Readiness Center (USACRC) is the repository and release authority for Army safety accident reports prepared in accordance with Department of the Army Pamphlet 385-40, Army Accident Investigation and Reporting, and Army Regulation 385-10, the Army Safety Program. The USACRC Commander has been delegated authority to act as the Initial Denial Authority (IDA) on requests for information from Army safety accident reports. Records will be made available consistent with applicable laws and regulations. FOIA requests to the U.S. Army Combat Readiness Center (USACRC) may be submitted in writing, by fax, e-mail, or by contacting the USACRC FOIA office in the U.S. Army Combat Readiness Center, ATTN: CSSC-SS (FOIA), 4905 Ruf Avenue, Fort Rucker, AL 36362-5363. The email address is usarmy.rucker.hqda-secarmy.mbx.safe-foia@mail.milPlease clearly mark the mailing envelope, fax, or email “Freedom of Information Act Request.”


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!