1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 15, 2021 1:20 PM by Rachael Salyer

Seeking list of 8th Infantry NCO Academy Cadre

Norman Karp Newbie

I was stationed at the 8th NCO Academy in Baumholder, Germany in 1963. I am looking for the names of the staff during that year I was their to put to the Faces I have photos of for a scrapbook to give to my grandson. My ID # 51485605, Norman Karp. I was their TDY from my unit, the 8th S&T Battalion at Bad Kreuznach, Germany. Also, I am interested if any are still alive.

• Re: Seeking list of 8th Infantry NCO Academy Cadre
          Rachael Salyer Ranger

Dear Mr. Karp,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

The information you are looking for may be available in unit records such as morning reports and rosters. Morning reports for Army units dated 1960 - September 1974 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. In addition, the semi-annual rosters (i.e., April and October) for 1960-74 for Army units are attached to the morning reports of the respective units. All rosters for the period are not available and usually list only enlisted personnel. Paper copies may be obtained from microfilm by writing to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records). Research and reproduction fees are charged for this service.  Please use the same GSA Standard Form 180 to request this information as well.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Please note that the National Archives does not have the present addresses of former service personnel or their survivors on file.  Please review NARA’s Locating Veterans and Service Members web pages for some ideas on how to locate the persons you seek.

Finally, we suggest that you contact the Army’s Noncommissioned Officer Heritage & Education Center, the US Army Center of Military History, or the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center for further assistance. 

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!