1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 20, 2021 8:30 AM by Rebecca Collier

    Need DD-214 member 4 copy for Federal employment

    Daniel Lovio Jr Newbie

      I applied for a Federal Government position and they are asking for my DD-214 member 4 copy. I never received a member 4 copy, I only received a Service 2 copy. How can I obtain a copy? Thank you

        • Re: Need DD-214 member 4 copy for Federal employment
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Dear Mr. Lovio,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of your DD-214 that is filed in your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs for those who  separated from the U.S. Armed Forces before October 2002 (see additional dates below) are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis. Veterans may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated after September 30, 2002 (Army); after September 30, 2004 (Air Force); after 1994 (Navy); and after 1998 (Marine Corps) are available in electronic format via https://milconnect.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect/.


          We hope this is helpful.


          1 person found this helpful