1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 12, 2021 11:08 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Need census records for 1970-1990

    Maria Skrivanek Newbie

      Where can I find census records for 1970-1990. I need to prove that my father was living in US but not a US citizen at that time. Thank you.

        • Re: Need census records for 1970-1990
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Ms. Skrivanek,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The information you seek must be requested via the Census Bureau's Age Search service. This service provides information about individuals from censuses that are still protected by the 72-year rule, but only to the named person, his or her heirs, or legal representatives. There is a Congressionally-mandated fee for this service. Individuals interested in requesting a search of their personal census records must complete a Form BC-600, Application for Search of Census Records, or a Form BC-600sp, Solicitud Para Busqueda De Registros Censales, and submit it to the Census Bureau.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!