7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2021 12:51 PM by Jos Adamzek

Seeking military records of Waclaw Adamczyk

Jos Adamzek Wayfarer

Hello, My father, Waclaw Adamczyk ; birth 20-07-1920, left Poland in 1939. When I was young, he didn’t want to speak about the war. He died when I was 24 years, now 38 ago. I am interested to find some information. I have two items:

1. A Linnen ID: a stamp mentioning : polish Guard Company ; 4134; signed by an officer; Major Marianski; the rest of the tekst is faded.

2. The other document is a discharge certificate from 31 august 1947 - 2004th Labor Supervision (Service) company APO 596 ( could be 396 also!)

in this document it’s written that he was discharged from the 4130 Labor service company as a polish guard. reason : reduction in force. It is also mentioned that the signed copy would go to the admission control center of Regensburg!  this letter was signed by; 1ste Lt .  A.C . 2004th L.S Co.

Fred E. DANIELS

Can somebody help me with tracking some more data about him, his units, where they were placed and went, etc. This information would be very precious for me! thanks for helping me!

• Re: Seeking military records of Waclaw Adamczyk
          Lisha Penn Pioneer

Dear Mr. Adamzek,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

Polish citizens who served with the U.S. Army during World War II and during the occupation of Germany and who were not officially inducted into the American Army were considered civilian employees by the U.S. Government. Official Personnel Files (OPFs) and medical information for individuals who worked for the U.S. government in a civilian capacity before 1952 are in the custody of the National Archives at St. Louis (RL-SL). Please contact RL-SL via email at stl.archives@nara.gov and include the full name used during Federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number (if applicable), name and location of the  employing Federal agency, beginning and ending dates of Federal Service. For more information, please check the Official Personnel Folders (OPF), Archival Holdings and Access website.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RL-SL. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!

1 person found this helpful
              Jos Adamzek Wayfarer

Hello Lisha,

Noticed that searching through these channels is difficult.

What I understand is that these services by email are reduced in capacity. Meaning a long long waiting list.

If I lived in the US, I would go by myself to ST Louis.

Doing this all behind a laptop, you must have iron nerves , which I do not have.

Younmust know the way to handle!

Wish that somebody could do this for me!. Willing to pay the costs!

maybe you?

But thanks for your reaction.

Regards,

Jos

Jos Adamzek Wayfarer

My father served the Polish Guards between 1945 and 1947.

On his documents two company’s where mentioned:

• 4134 labor service company US
              • 4130 labor service company, US, both as a Polish Guard.

both company’s where related  ( under control) to:

• 2004th Labor Supervision (Service) company US

more details, see original post.

i Know that some people know a lot about these company’s  f.e. A history hub  member Mr Zawalski.

i Hope he reacts on my letter, but maybe other members knows the mentioned company’s as well.

Question is; is there history available about these company’s

i Hope that somebody can help me.
              noticed that searching at national archives is a jungle and not easy for people not handy with computers.

Hope that somebody can trace  for me Mr Zawalski and help me with fe his email address!

thx for helping me!

Jos