1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 4, 2021 1:10 PM by Rebecca Collier

    Seeking my Creek Tribal information

    Leslie Wilkie Newbie

      My siblings and I were put on the Creek roll when we were young. How can I find my Native American Information. I have spoke with People at the Tribe and BIA. What do I need to do? They don't have information that I have been removed.

        • Re: Seeking my Creek Tribal information
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Dear Leslie Wilkie,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We searched the National Archives Catalog and located the Index to the Final Rolls of Citizens and Freedmen of the Five Civilized Tribes in Indian Territory to the Final Rolls of the Five Civilized Tribes, 1899 - 1914 in the Records of the Office of the Secretary of the Interior (Record Group 48) that may include your parents. These records have been digitized and are available using the Catalog.


          We also located a series titled Indian Census Rolls, 1885-1940 (M595) in the Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs (Record Group 75) that may have a listing of the Creeks enrolled. For more information about these records, please email the National Archives at Washington, DC - Textual Reference (RDT1) at archives1reference@nara.gov.


          In addition, we located the Enrollment Cards, 1898 - 1914 in Record Group 75 that may include your parents. For more information about these records, please contact the National Archives at Fort Worth (RM-FW) at ftworth.archives@nara.gov.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDT1 and RM-FW. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          If you need to re-enroll, we suggest that you check the Department of Interior Tribal Enrollment website for information on how to obtain tribal citizenship.


          We hope this is helpful.


          1 person found this helpful