1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 8, 2021 12:15 PM by Charlie Busch

    Seeking my dependent medical records

    Teresa Mattsen Newbie

      My dad retired from the Air Force in 1976. He was stationed at McCord Air force base in Tacoma, WA. It is now called JBLM. I would like to get a copy of my medical records from 1970-1988. I was born at the Old Madigan Army hospital which is no longer there. Who do I contact to get that information? Thank you

        • Re: Seeking my dependent medical records
          Charlie Busch Adventurer

          Dear Ms. Mattsen,

          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          NARA’s National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) stores Dependent Medical Folders (DMFs) for dependents treated at Army, Air Force or Coast Guard facilities from 1954 to the present. Records before 1954 were destroyed in accordance with legal authorities in effect at the time. The military medical facilities transfer the DMFs to NPRC, generally 1-5 years after the last treatment. Please send your request to the National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          We hope this is helpful.