4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2021 10:11 PM by michelle freedman

Seeking Navy ships Malcolm Garber served on

michelle freedman Wayfarer

I am trying to help my dad figure out which ships he was on during his time in the Navy. He was a medical officer from July 1956 - July 1958. His point of embarkation was the Brooklyn Terminal. He said they took Presidential cruise ships or something and renamed them with generals' names, etc... The Geiger, the Taylor, the Rose are some names he can remember. Can you help us? His name is Malcolm Garber. DOB is 9/22/29. He doesn't know his service number. He did transport Hungarian refugees and also went to Ascentia (?) Newfoundland during the Influenza Epidemic of 1957. I appreciate any help you can give me. I've been on the archives website and get confused. I also tried to fill out a form for his separation from service, but couldn't get the comment section to accept my words or submit with it blank. I know this is a longshot, but I'm working on a book about my dad's life and this is an important part of it. Also, if there are any pictures of the ships used in this area at this time I'd love them. Please let me know either way - if you can or can't help me - and/or suggest where I may try next. Thank you