5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2021 8:39 PM by Susannah Brooks

Seeking records & photographs about Dufaux airplane

Luc Fage Newbie

Do you have any data and pictures on the Dufaux Brothers (Henri & Armand), who made motorcycles (Motosacoche) and airplanes at the very beginning of the 20th century? All data is welcome! Thanks

• Re: Seeking records & photographs about Dufaux airplane
          Robert Crumley Adventurer

Dear Mr. Fage,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located this film titled International Air Show from the Records of the U.S. Air Force (Record Group 342) that may include information on or images of Dufaux airplanes. The Shot List at the bottom of the page includes the description “...in bg left SV of the first Swiss Dufaux which flew in 1910 spectators looking at aircraft.” For more information about this film, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Motion Picture (RDSM) via email at mopix@nara.gov.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDSM. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

If you have not done so already, you may wish to contact the Archives of the National Air and Space Museum for further assistance.

Since the brothers were Swiss, we suggest that you contact the Swiss Federal Archives, Archivstrasse 24, 3003 Bern, Switzerland.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

Alice Lane Pioneer

Hi Luc,

Welcome to History Hub

There are many webpages about the brothers on the internet.

Just enter their name in your web browser to see them.

Here are a couple

Motosacoche and the Brothers Dufaux | The Vintagent

The Dufaux Brothers - Motosacoche

Alice Lane

Research Volunteer

Luc Fage Newbie

Thank you very much, but as I am French, I did not explain well what I am looking for. We are a team of an author-historian and me, graphic designer and iconographer, working from France and Switzerland on the Dufaux family, since one year. So we already have a lot of archives, but what I am looking for are the traces of the Dufaux brothers' passage in America (documents, press, films, photos...). Their older sister, Amélie Dufaux, born in 1878, married a naturalized American Frenchman, Marcel E. Krieger, born in 1881 in Avranches (France), who had joined at the age of 18 (1899) his brother Georges Krieger, settled in West Bethlehem borough Ward 2-3, Lehigh, Pennsylvania. They lived in the United States for a while, then came back to Switzerland (where he worked for the Red Cross), then again to the USA where the two brothers visited them, etc. (documents found on the site MyHeritage.com). In short, I am looking for information on the professional and/or artistic activities of these people on American soil: Amélie Dufaux-Krieger; Marcel E. Krieger; Armand Dufaux; and Henri Dufaux. Thank you in advance for the possible leads to follow.