1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 3, 2021 10:54 AM by Rebecca Collier

    Seeking dependent children immunization records

    Clarence Jackson Newbie

      How can I get a copy of their shot records, originals were destroyed in a fire.

        • Re: Seeking dependent children immunization records
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Dear Mr. Jackson,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          If you are a civilian, then please check with your children’s pediatrician for a copy of their immunization records.


          If you or your spouse was in the military, NARA’s National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) stores inpatient, outpatient, dental and mental health records created at military medical treatment facilities. Some Navy record collections date from the 1940s and 1950s, but more comprehensive information exists beginning in the 1960s and Army, Air Force or Coast Guard facilities from 1954 to the present. All military facilities transfer the Dependent Medical Folders (DMFs) to NPRC, generally after 1-5 years of inactivity.


          If possible, contact the last medical treatment facility to determine if records have been retired to the NPRC before sending a request. If they did, then send your request to the National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. 


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          We hope this is helpful.


          1 person found this helpful