1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 21, 2021 8:44 AM by Jason Atkinson

Seeking copies of OMPF from Coast Guard Reserves

Glenn Barth Newbie

I would like a copy of my honorable discharge papers from the Coast Guard Reserves.  Where do I apply for these records?

• Re: Seeking copies of OMPF from Coast Guard Reserves
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

Dear Mr. Barth,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

The Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) of the personnel of the U.S. Coast Guard who were separated from service after 1897 and before October 2006 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC.  Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. If there is any information requested that you do not know, you may leave it blank or provide estimates, however the more details you provide, the easier it will be for NPRC staff to locate the correct file. For more information see Request Military Service Records.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

For the Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) of the personnel of the U.S. Coast Guard who were separated from service after September 2006, please sent a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to the Commander; Personnel Service Center; (BOPS-C-MR) MS7200; U.S. Coast Guard; 2703 Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue, SE; Washington, DC 20593-7200. For questions, please email MR_CustomerService@uscg.mil

We hope this is helpful