3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2021 11:36 AM by Legislative Archives

I would like to read the text of  H.R.4354 — 117th Congress (2021-2022)

Alice Lane Pioneer

I would like to read the text of  H.R.4354 — 117th Congress (2021-2022) concerning the child tax credit. All I am able to find about this are articles printed by the news media and not the actual bill. Is this available? Thanks fo your help.

• Re: I would like to read the text of  H.R.4354 — 117th Congress (2021-2022)
          Legislative Archives Scout

Hi Alice -- thanks for posting to History Hub!

The best source to check for the text of bills from modern congresses is Congress.gov -- the official website for U.S. federal legislative information. The website is maintained by the Library of Congress using data from a variety of official sources.

Here is a link to the page for H.R. 4354, 117th Congress -- "To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to improve the employer-provided child care tax credit."

There are a series of tabs across the page, one of which is Text. Unfortunately as of 7/20/21 the text has not yet been received for H.R. 4354. Bills are generally sent to the Library of Congress a day or two after they're introduced on the floor, but delays can occur when there are a large number of bills to prepare or when a very large bill has to be printed. I would check back periodically.

It also looks like you can sign up to get alerts (see link at top of page under bill title) for any updates to actions, bill text, cosponsors, or summaries.

Cheers!

Sarah

1 person found this helpful