2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2021 2:26 PM by Charlie Busch

    Seeking records of Thomas Calvin Blakely

    Melanie Blakely Newbie

      Seeking any information, photographs or military records on my father Thomas Calvin Blakely. He served in Vietnam has a Navy Corpsman.

        • Re: Seeking records of Thomas Calvin Blakely
          Alice Lane Pioneer

          Hi Melanie,

          Welcome to History Hub

          You may find what you are seeking at Fold3 Memberships

          Search for Blakely, Thomas C

          Fold3 gives a 7 day free trial.


          Alice Lane

          Research Volunteer

          • Re: Seeking records of Thomas Calvin Blakely
            Charlie Busch Adventurer

            Dear Ms. Blakely,

            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and medical records of enlisted men and officers of the U.S. Navy who were separated from the service after 1958 and before January 31, 1994 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


            Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from NPRC. Also, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


            We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!