2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2021 1:47 PM by Elliot Schneider

    Seeking military enlistment records for uncle

    Joseph Robertucci Newbie

      I am looking for a record of enlistment date and location of an uncle for World War II. Where do I look?

        • Re: Seeking military enlistment records for uncle
          Charlie Busch Adventurer

          Dear Mr. Robertucci,

          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you search the World War II Army Enlistment Records database in the Access to Archival Databases (AAD) for a file pertaining to your uncle. Please use the information in this file when requesting a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF).


          We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces and who were separated from the service before 1959 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis. In many cases where Army and Army Air Corps personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Navy and Marine Corps OMPFs were not affected by the fire. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!


          • Re: Seeking military enlistment records for uncle
            Elliot Schneider Ranger



            Do you have anymore information on the individual you are seeking. Name, DOB, place of birth?