1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 13, 2021 7:23 AM by Rebecca Collier

    Need SF-50 ASAP please

    Gail Richardson Newbie

      Hi, I have repeatedly requested copies of my SF-50 forms over the past 4 months by fax and even sent a certified letter request by U.S. mail but have not received a response. This is preventing me from applying for federal job positions. I have also tried calling many times throughout the day but no one answers the phone. How can I get my SF-50 forms or who can assist me with my request? Thanks

        • Re: Need SF-50 ASAP please
          Rebecca Collier Guide

          Dear Ms. Richardson,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The Civilian Personnel Records Center closed on August 19, 2020 due to unsafe local public health metrics.  NARA has reopened the Civilian Personnel Records Center (CPR) in Valmeyer, IL since local conditions have improved. As of May 17, 2021, the CPR has moved to Phase Two. The CPR still will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          If a SF-50 is required for employment opportunities or to apply for retirement and is needed immediately, please indicate on the outside of the envelope that the request is urgent or an emergency.


          We hope this is helpful.

          1 person found this helpful