2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2021 7:48 AM by Rebecca Collier

    Seeking citation for ARCOM

    Brett Gildersleeve Newbie

      Hello I was in the Army for 5 years between 2013 and 2018 at Fort Carson, Colorado. I was in 4th Combat Aviation Brigade (CAB) of the 4th Infantry Division (ID). I was awarded an Army Commendation Medal (ARCOM) after I ets'd (expiration - term of service) and did not receive it or the citation. I did get it put on my DD-214. Is there someone I can contact to get the citation for it? Thank you.

        • Re: Seeking citation for ARCOM
          Elliot Schneider Ranger



          I would contact the Army Awards and Decorations branch.



          You can also use the email to ask the a question.  usarmy.knox.hrc.mbx.tagd-awards@mail.mil


          Awards and Decorations Branch Information

          U.S. Army Human Resources Command

          ATTN: AHRC-PDP-A, DEPT 480

          1600 Spearhead Division Avenue

          Fort Knox, KY 40122-5408

          COMM: 502-613-9126

          DSN: 983-9126

          1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Seeking citation for ARCOM
            Rebecca Collier Ranger

            Dear Mr. Gildersleeve,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            For former Army personnel, NARA's National Personnel Records Center will verify the awards to which a veteran is entitled and forward the request with the verification to the appropriate Army department for issuance of the medals.  For requesting medals and awards, please use eVetRecs on NARA’s website or complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and send it to NARA's Military Personnel Records, National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  Provide as much information as possible in Section II under "other."


            For the citation, unit records from 1985 to the present (except for those of Desert Shield/Desert Storm) are in the legal custody of the Army.  For the exact location of these files, please contact Joyce Luton, Director, Records Management Directorate, 9301 Chapek Road, Building 1458, Fort Belvoir, VA  22060.  The telephone number is (571) 515-0213.  The email address is joyce.luton2.civ@mail.mil.  If the records are in the process of being transferred to a Federal Records Center (FRC), please request the accession or transfer numbers, location of the FRC, and the box numbers.


            We hope this is helpful.

            1 person found this helpful