1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 9, 2021 11:11 AM by Robert Crumley

Where did my husband enter the US from Tunis?

Cathy Bianchi Newbie

My husband came to the US in March 1959 from Tunis, Tunisia when he was 18 months old.  We are trying to find out where he entered the US.  His mom's passport says:  Imm & Natz Service New York NY 77 Admitted March 23, 1959.

• Re: Where did my husband enter the US from Tunis?
          Robert Crumley Adventurer

Dear Ms. Bianchi,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located the Passenger and Crew Manifests of Airplanes Arriving at New York, New York, 12/1/1957 - 11/3/1969 (A 3998) in the Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service (Record Group 85). We also located the Passenger and Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at New York, New York, 1/1958 - 1/1983 (A4115) in the Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service (Record Group 85). These series may include the arrival of his mother with a small child. For more information about these records, please email the National Archives at Washington, DC - Textual Reference (RDT1) at archives1reference@nara.gov.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDT1. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

For information on immigration records and passenger lists available at the National Archives, you may wish to visit the web page titled Immigration Records.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!