2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2021 3:19 PM by Denise Drammis

    Seeking my dependent medical records

    Denise Drammis Newbie

      My father was in the USAF and I received treatment, as a baby, in a military hospital in the UK. I am trying to locate my medical records for that treatment. Can anyone point me in the right direction to try and access those records? Thanks

        • Re: Seeking my dependent medical records
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Ms. Drammis,

          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          NARA’s National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) stores Dependent Medical Folders (DMFs) for dependents treated at Army, Air Force or Coast Guard facilities from 1954 to the present. Records before 1954 were destroyed in accordance with legal authorities in effect at the time. The military medical facilities transfer the DMFs to NPRC, generally 1-5 years after the last treatment.


          If possible, contact the last medical treatment facility to determine if records have been retired to the NPRC before sending a request. If they did, then send your request to the National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          We hope this is helpful.