1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 7, 2021 3:31 PM by Jason Atkinson

    Where can I find my jump log?

    Paul Bould Newbie

      I was a member of the 2nd Recon Bn. at Camp Lejeune from 1992 to 1994. Where can I get a copy of my jump log?

        • Re: Where can I find my jump log?
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Mr. Bould,

          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We searched online and located MARINE CORPS ORDER 3120.11 which provides information about the Individual Parachutist Logbook and jump manifests. The relevant sections are as follows:


          Individual Parachutist Logbook. Each qualified Marine Corps parachutist is required to maintain an individual parachutist log throughout his career. Logbooks will be collected by jumpmasters prior to parachute operations to verify currency and determine refresher training requirements, and are returned to parachutists upon completion. It is the responsibility of the parachutist to ensure it is updated after each parachute operation, and that it remains both accurate and current. Individual parachutist logs may be locally produced.


          Unit Documentation. Following each parachute operation, commanders will certify all jump manifests for that operation, using figure 5-6 (OPNAV Form 3504/1) of this Order for this purpose. Manifests will serve as the unit's sole source document for recording conduct of and participation in parachute training and is sufficient documentation of 5-4 Enclosure (1) MCO .3120.11 4 May 2009 performance of parachute duty for pay purposes. Commanders will maintain copies of manifests in accordance with reference (j), SSIC 1543.1.


          If the Individual Parachutist Logbook was collected from you and added to your service record, it may be part of your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs of officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. Marine Corps who were separated from service after 1958 and before 1999 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NRPC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          OMPFs for discharged, retired, or deceased U.S. Marine Corps personnel after December 31, 1998 are in the custody of the U.S. Marine Corps.  To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps, Manpower Management Support Branch (MMRP-10), 2008 Elliot Road, Quantico, VA 22134-5030. They also are available in electronic format via https://milconnect.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect/.


          For questions about unit records of the 2nd Reconnaissance Battalion during the 1990s, please contact David Spenner, U.S. Marine Corps Records Officer, 3000 Marine Corps Pentagon Room 2B253, Washington, DC 22350 or email david.spenner@usmc.mil.


          We hope this is helpful.