1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 6, 2021 2:44 PM by Jason Atkinson

Seeking to submit NATF 85 using eservices

Debra Scouten Newbie

I printed form NATF 85 for pension records and filled out the form.  I went to eservices.archive.gov/online, and set up an account.  I can't figure out how to order my request for a pension for one of my ancestors.  I clicked on "order reproductions" and scrolled down to "military service and pension records".  Once I clicked on that it went to another window and stated "select an item to view additional details and add to cart". Underneath that statement it stated "empty".  I thought I would just upload the form, so I am confused as to how to submit my form electronically.  Can you assist?

• Re: Seeking to submit NATF 85 using eservices
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

Dear Ms. Scouten,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) has suspended reproduction and digitization services until further notice due to COVID-19. As part of this suspension, the option to request pension files through eservices.archives.gov has been turned off. To place an order, please download and fill out a NATF Form 85 and mail the completed form to the address listed on the form. Orders will not be serviced until operations can resume safely. Once operations resume, document reproduction requests will be filled in the order in which they were received. We apologize for any inconvenience.

We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!