3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2021 3:40 PM by Michael McCormick

Seeking claim for a German Bullet Patent

Michael McCormick Newbie

Hello! I'm researching a German bullet patent that was seized by the Alien Property Custodian during WWI.  The Settlement of War Claims Act of 1928 created the office of the War Claims Arbiter, which was responsible for awarding damages related to the seizure of enemy patents during WWI. The claim I'm interested in war for a German bullet patent, and was styled:  "Berlin-Karlsruher Industriewerke, A.G. (formerly Deutsche Waffen Munitionsfabriken, A.G.) v. United States, Docket No. 316.  The claim was adjudicated by the Arbiter in 1931 (claim would have been filed in 1928-1930 time period), and awarded $300,000, plus $112,520.55 in interest for a total of $412,520.55. ,

It looks like these records are probably housed in College Park, MD in 60.9.1.  I'd really like to view the United States and German briefs on the matter, as well as to locate the final order by Arbiter James W. Remick which disposed of the claim.  Has anyone looked at these records before?  Does anyone know if there is an online digest of the case records for this foreign claims commission? Thank you!