3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2021 8:14 AM by National Archives Catalog

Website issue

John Chesnut Wayfarer

I have been transcribing WWII evade and escape records, and today I had a very strange thing happen.  I was about half finished with a ten page interrogation of Richard V. Pass when I had to step away from my computer. I signed out but when I returned all my work had became a PDF photo (grey background with no way to enter new information or to move through the various pages.  Also, all the pages were identical, they were the first page from the transcription, which replaced all the original transcriptions.  I closed the website and re-entered and my transcribing was gone, and the five pages that I had completed were all copies of the first page, and all in pdf format.  I looked further and found that the first five pages of  all the interrogations were now all in this pdf format, the pages from 5 to 50 are all in the normal transcribing format. 

I am also working on some other transcriptions which are going normally, I was just wondering if anyone else was seeing this, and if so, if there is a work around?

John

• Re: Website issue
          National Archives Catalog Scout

Hi John -

Our developers are in the process of refreshing these records.  We noticed that the jpgs were no longer displaying earlier today.  We hope that all the individual jpgs and the pdfs will be displaying soon.

If you experience another error, email us at catalog@nara.gov so that we can investigate right away.

Suzanne

Community Manager, National Archives Catalog

2 people found this helpful
            John Chesnut Wayfarer

Hi,

This just happened again. A couple of my transcribed and saved E&E Reports, just disappeared. I was working on "Lessig, William C. (T/SGT.)", and then he and all the transcribing had vanished, I was about half way through the task. The last fix repaired all my work, so I'm hoping it can be refreshed again. I haven't had this problem with my other current transcriptions, but please let me know if you think I am doing something to cause this.

Thank you,

John

National Archives Catalog Scout

Thank you for alerting us to this issue.  The individual pages have returned to the Catalog, but any transcriptions are not there.  Please refrain from transcribing these pages  - we're going to alert our developers to see if there are any transcriptions they can recover.

Suzanne

Community Manager, National Archives Catalog

1 person found this helpful