1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 30, 2021 12:36 PM by Josette Schluter Branched from an earlier discussion. Branched to a new discussion.

    Seeking military records of Edward John Eilers

    Luke Sowieralski Wayfarer

      Hi I’m Luke! Do you have a DD-214 for F2c Edward John Eilers from WWII? He served in the US Navy and got out on 10/22/1945. He was from Seattle, Washington. He was born March 25 1926 died November 23 2002. Thanks

        • Re: Seeking military records of Edward John Eilers
          Josette Schluter Adventurer

          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub.


          We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports of officers of the U.S. Navy who were separated from service after 1902 and before 1959 are located at  NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your request . Also, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          We hope that this information was helpful.