1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 24, 2021 12:12 PM by Rachael Salyer

    Correcting social Security number on DD-214

    Macee Zielasko Newbie

      What would be the process of requesting a social security correction (One number is incorrect) on a DD-214? I have the DD0149 form, but it looks like after three years the changes become a lot more difficult. The DD-214 was issued in 1970. Would this be possible to still do? Thank you for your input!

        • Re: Correcting social Security number on DD-214
          Rachael Salyer Tracker

          Dear Macee Zielasko,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The National Archives and Records Administration does not have the authority to make changes to personnel records. Changes can only be made by the Department of Defense. To correct a military personnel record, please use a DD Form 149 (Application for Correction of Military Record). If you have additional questions about the form or the process, please write directly to the organization which has jurisdiction in such matters:


          Army Review Boards Agency (ARBA), 251 18th Street South, Suite 385, Arlington, VA 22202-3531, or email army.arbainquiry@mail.mil.


          Correction of Naval Records 701 S. Courthouse Road, Building 12, Suite BE140, Arlington, VA 22204-2490.


          Board for Correction of Air Force Records, SAF/MIBR, 550 C Street West, Suite 40, Randolph Air Force Base, TX 78150-4742.


          Coast Guard Board for Correction of Military Records, 245 Murray Lane, Room 5126, Mail Stop #0900, Washington, DC 20528.


          We hope this information is helpful!