1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 23, 2021 12:11 PM by Rachael Salyer

    Seeking form for Medallions

    Claudia Zipp Newbie

      How can I get a form for getting Medallions for my dad and uncles? thank you

      Claudia Zipp

        • Re: Seeking form for Medallions
          Rachael Salyer Navigator

          Dear Ms. Zipp,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          For former Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps personnel, NARA's National Personnel Records Center will verify the awards to which a veteran is entitled and forward the request with the verification to the appropriate Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps department for issuance of the medals. For requesting medals and awards, please use eVetRecs on NARA’s website or complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and send it to NARA's Military Personnel Records, National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  Provide as much information as possible in Section II under "other."


          For assistance in obtaining unit awards, please review the Decorations and Medals (Awards) website.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          We hope this information is helpful!