1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 23, 2021 4:47 PM by Jason Atkinson

    Looking for rank & serial number of Robert Tolerico

    Ruth Martin Newbie

      Hello I am trying to get my Dad's rank and serial number. He was in the Air Force and in the Korean War.  If any can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.  His name: Robert Tolerico. Date of Birth: 11/18/1935 Date of Death:5/28/1980. He was not killed in action. He was a civilian at the time of Death. Thank you so much!  Ruth

        • Re: Looking for rank & serial number of Robert Tolerico
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Ms. Martin,

          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We looked up Robert L Tolerico in the U.S., Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File, 1850-2010 and located the following information:


          Name: Robert L Tolerico

          Gender: Male

          Birth Date: 18 Nov 1935

          Death Date: 28 May 1980

          SSN: 200269522

          Enlistment Branch: AF

          Enlistment Date: 1 Feb 1955

          Discharge Date: 19 Aug 1958

          We suggest that you request a copy of his
          Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Air Force who were separated from the service after 1946 and before 1959 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  If there is any information requested by the form that you do not know, you may omit it, but the more information you provide, the easier it will be to locate the correct file if it survived the fire. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status.


          We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.