1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 12, 2016 6:03 AM by Ann Abney

How can I find National Archives Catalog ID:586957

Teri Thompson Wayfarer

National Archives Catalog ID:586957  National Archives Catalog Title:Carded Records Showing Military Service of Soldiers Who Fought in Confederate Organizations , compiled 1903 - 1927, documenting the period 1861 - 1865  Record Group:109  State:Thrall's Battery, Light Artillery AND Wiggins' Battery, Light Artillery, A-C  Short Description:NARA M317. Compiled service records of Confederate soldiers from Arkansas units, labeled with each soldier's name, rank, and unit, with links to revealing documents about each soldier.  Military Unit:Thrall's Battery, Light Artillery AND Wiggins' Battery, Light Artillery, A-C  Thank You for any and all help

• Re: How can I find National Archives Catalog ID:586957
          Ann Abney Scout

Hi Teri -

There's a few ways to find that series. The easiest (and fastest) way is to search in the Catalog by that number. You would go to the National Archives Catalog and then put in the NAID you gave us - 586957. The first result is the one you want.

If you had meant that you wanted to find the records themselves, and not the catalog entry, there are a few ways to go about this. In the catalog description there is a field that says "232782 file unit(s) described in the catalog" and beside it "Search within the series." This will give you the folders for this series and the content inside of it. From what I can tell, it looks like these files have all been digitized and so you should be able to view everything from online.

If you need more help narrowing down your search (since it is a rather large series), feel free to contact Archives1reference@nara.gov for the Textual Reference staff at the National Archives at Washington, DC, where this collection is stored.

Best of luck in the hunt!

3 of 3 people found this helpful